How to Join the Campaign
- Volunteer in your local community
- Post a picture on Instagram related to the service - include a caption of what you did.
- Tag us @cuaservice and use #FindYourOwnCalcutta
- Nominate 3 other students to volunteer in their communities
- You will be entered into a monthly raffle for fun prizes!
You Don't Have to Serve Alone
If you would like to meet up with other Catholic U. students who are in the area, please fill out this form and we will help you coordinate service together. We can't guarantee that there will be another Cardinal in your neighborhood, but we'll do our best!
10 Easy Ways to Serve from Home
- Clean up trash in your local park or neighborhood.
- Offer to tutor kids in your neighborhood.
- Call a local food bank, ask what items they need, and drop them off after your next grocery run.
- Grocery shop for an elderly person in your life.
- Make snack-packs to keep in your bag or car for the next time you meet someone experiencing homelessness.
- Clean out your closet and donate gently used clothes, coats, and shoes to a local collection agency.
- Educate your friends by making a social media post about something social-justice related.
- Write to your local government about a social justice issue.
- Help reduce social isolation by joining the Big and Mini program.
- Offer to mow the lawn for an elderly neighbor, free of charge.